Wow. Just wow. This movie was awesomely terrible. 200 miles per hour is a 2011 movie made by the Asylum. The same guys that made Sharknado and Snakes on a vehicle and various other shameless movies.
The story is about a guy that sees his brother die in a car race because the opposition is a dirty player. The guy now wants to race the bad guy. They race and the bad guy smashes his car and goes to a hospital-jail or a jail-hospital. The sub-plots are about his stripper mother doesn’t like him racing. His stripper girlfriend that gets assaulted by the bad guy. His friends that steal a car for parts from a scrap yard. He is forced to lose against the bad guy because a dirty cop placed a large bet on the bad guy. Simple enough right? Well, lets go through some plot holes and retarded shit:
- There isn’t anyone to be the counter party to the bet of the dirty cop. So he would win exactly what he put in plus a few bucks more.
- Main guy and his brother make enough money to run a repair shop but not enough money that his mother needs to strip for money.
- His girlfriend is a stripper at the same stripclub. So now how did they meet? Did he go visit his mother and then meet the other girl? Did his mother set them up together?
- He wants to give his mother 20 bucks and she refuses because she doesn’t degrade herself enough to take his charity. So he says that he will go to her work and put it in her G-string. This family is probably not very functional.
- The top mechanic in his repair shop drew what modifications she will do to the car and the drawings were bad/childish drawings that looked like scale, details and accuracy were considered.
- The bad guy needs to race everyone. For no reason. He doesn’t win the loser’s car or any money. He probably wants to race everyone till he reaches the top man in government.
- The main guy had no reason to race the bad guy after his brother’s death. It wouldn’t exact revenge or undo the event or make him get closure.
- The mother tells the boss of the stripclub how bad the bad guy is. The boss logically says that the mother needs to report this to the police. This was probably the most logical part of the movie.
- The main guy tells the dirty cop to not shoot the bad guy by saying “you can’t shoot him, people will know it was a gun.” Excellent dialogue.
- The top mechanic in his repair shop has a head shake in the middle of every sentence.
- The motorcycles used look like they used to be used for pizza delivery.
There are a dozen more bullets to list on how retarded this movie is but the thing we loved about it was that we felt that they tried to make a good quality fake Fast and Furious knock off and they failed. It was an honest and sincere copy. We also were laughing for almost all of the 90mins of run time.